There isn't really a word in the English language for the ice that forms out of the air on objects in Interior Alaska.  The Inuit have a word--krenu (literally, "new frost on sea ice")--which fits the bill pretty well.  The closest English word is "rime."

   Sometimes--particularly this last winter (2001-2002)--it gets pretty thick.  Here is picture of a "plug-in"--turned into a whitish "match head."

   And here is a better one:

   Here is yet another one:

   Rime forms pretty much everywhere "up here." Here is a picture of it--having formed on snow:

   And here is a closer look:

   -The fine-grained structure is pretty cool, I think.

   It was about 35 below when I took these pictures.