Fourth of July Parade
July 5, 2010 (Mon) - Pittsfield, MA
||City of Pittsfield, MA
We are #138 on Wendell Ave. Enter from Doctor's Park. Official lineup is 8:30am. Streets will be closed to vehicles without a pass by 8am. Skip will have passes; please let him know if you need one. We need everyone possible, as this is our highest paid parade.
Please park along the side streets in that area (end of parade) and not in the Wahconah Park parking lot."
Parking At The End
You can drop off at the start, move cars to the end (Please park along the side streets in that area - not in the Wahconah Park parking lot this year) and take a shuttle back to the beginning.
No Parking At The Start after 9:00am
Go right to the end and take the shuttle. The last shuttle will leave Wahconah Park at 9:15am.
See Parade Route Map on right:
Take Interstate 90 East (toward Boston) to Exit 11E. Take Route 20 East into Pittsfield. You can turn right onto Henry Ave to bypass some traffic, to Route 7&20. Doctor's Park will be just across Route 7&20 (South St). You will need to move the cars to the end in time to take the last shuttle, scheduled for 9:15am.
to the end
We recommend driving directly to the end of the parade route at Wahconah Park and take a shuttle bus to the beginning. Use these directions to bypass blockades along the parade route:
- About 27 miles after the exit, you will see McDonalds on the right. After that...
- Turn left onto S. Merriam St. to the end
- Turn right (West St.) and a quick left onto Onota St.
- Go 5 blocks and turn right on Lindon St.
- Take second left onto Dewey Ave. to the end
- Right onto Danforth Ave. to the end
- Left onto Seymore St.
- Merge left onto Wahconah St. and the parking lot entrance should be on the left
Be parked before 9am, so you can catch the last shuttle by 9:15am.